EXCITING NEW FULL TIME POSITION!!!!
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner- Will look at new Grads
Currently seeking an experienced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for an opportunity in the Springfield area. The ideal candidate will be experienced with a strong psych medical background. This position is Primarily Med. Management with some Psychotherapy.
Compensation and Benefits for the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental Vision eligable
- 401K with company match
- Generous PTO including Holidays
Requirements of the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Certified by the ANCC (American Nurses Credential Center) as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Certified by the Board of Registration in Nursing as Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry
- Experience and comfort working with both adults and adolescents (preferred but not a requirement).
- Excellent clinical communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills, a strong work ethic, and ability to thrive in a team environment.
Responsibilities of the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Assess current psychiatric and medical status. Develop appropriate psychiatric treatment plan.
- Review all current regular and prn medications, labs, x-rays and other pertinent data.
- Monitor psychiatric medications for effectiveness, response of patient and side effects. Inform the client and guardian of potential side effects.
- Provide psycho-education to patient and family member(s) as needed.
- Communicate with outside agencies/collaterals as needed.