Cardiovascular Physician Assistant
"For the love of hearts" – apply today!
Well known cardiovascular surgery practice located in southern New Mexico is hiring a Physician Assistant/First Assist for their growing practice. Ideal Physician Assistant will have experience in the Operating Room, along with managing patient care and a background in cardiovascular surgery.
The Physician Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive healthcare services to cardiac surgical patients.
- Performing pre-op evaluations, consultations, surgical consenting and teaching.
- Surgical first and second assisting in the operating room, daily rounds on ICU patients and coverage of surgical ICU emergencies and procedures.
- Developing post-op care plans and preparing patients and families for discharge.
Benefits for the Physician Assistant:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package
- Paid CME's
- Relocation and quarterly bonus'
- Loan Repayment
To qualify, the Physician Assistant must have:
- A graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Minimum of 1 year of cardiac surgery operating room 1st assist required.
- Possess a solid medical knowledge base for cardiopulmonary critical care medicine with an interest in congenital cardiac anomalies.
- Possess critical thinking skills and adaptability on a busy cardiac surgery service.
- Communication skills to work collaboratively with medical and surgical colleagues, staff and trainees.
- The ability to obtain a license in the State of New Mexico